- Milk - 1 litre
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Rice 4 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Raisans and cashewnuts - 10 each
- Cardamon - 3/4 nos.
- Boil the milk and sugar in the pressure cooker.(For 1 litre of milk it will be better to use a 5 litre pressure cokker).
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to low flame and add the rice to it along with the cardamon. Stir the contents well, place a small spoon inside the cooker
and close the cooker.
- When steam comes through the valve, place the weight on the valve and allow the payasam to cook on a low heat.
- After 20 minutes, switch off the stove. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- By that time, take another vessel and heat ghee, then add raisans and cashewnuts to it and saute, turn of the stove.
- Open the cooker and add this ghee with raisans and cashewnuts to it and stir well.
- If payasam is very thick, we can make it thin by adding some more milk.